Steve Muehler.jpg



Steve Muehler - Commercial Insurance - Engineer Professional Liability Insurance. Architects or Engineers who design buildings for commercial and/or residential use should have Professional Liability Insurance and General Liability Insurance to protect themselves from claims and lawsuits brought by clients, vendors or even employees. Liability Insurance is a great way to protect yourself while continuing to provide services to clients, which is especially true for Architects and Engineers who work privately or own their own business.

Targeted Market Segments:

  • Architects

  • Aerial Mapping

  • Building Inspectors

  • Civil Engineers

  • Construction Management 

  • Electrical Engineering

  • Engineering

  • Environmental (Phase I & 2)

  • Project Managers

  • Control System Integrators

  • Draftsman

  • Electrical Engineers

  • Environmental Engineers

  • Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning

  • Industrial Engineers

  • Interior Designers

  • Landscape Architects

  • Land Surveyors

  • Mechanical Engineering

  • Owner's Representative 

  • Project Management

  • Structural Engineering 

  • Transportation Engineers


What coverage can professional liability insurance provide for Engineering professionals?


In most cases, if you are providing a service such as plans for a new building or advice on how to solve a structural, you need professional insurance to cover mistakes, problems with the finished product or disagreements in payment, among other actions. in many instances, you need professional liability insurance as part of your contract or agreements for work.

Most trade associations, such as the National Society of Professional Engineers, American Council of Engineering Companies and the American Institute of Architects, strongly encourages its members and members' firms to take a proactive approach to protecting their business through specialized professional liability insurance. 

Other important policies for Engineering Professionals:

While Professional Liability Insurance guards against work errors and negligence, it does not provide complete protection. Accidental injury and property damage are daily risks for any  business. Other policies to consider include:

General liability insurance: This policy can pay legal expenses related to client property damage and injuries, along with advertising injuries such as slander. 

Business owner’s policy: This policy bundles general liability insurance with commercial property insurance, often at a lower rate than if the policies were purchased separately.

Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Required in almost every state for businesses that have employees, workers’ comp can cover medical expenses for work injuries.

Cyber liability insurance: This policy helps business professionals survive data breaches and cyberattacks by paying for recovery expenses and other associated costs.

Below you will find a link to our General Engineering Professional Liability Insurance Application Form. In an order to "Get to Know You and Your Business Better" please complete as much (or as little) as you feel and send to us. This will allow us to have a general knowledge of your business before scheduling a time to speak (phone or video conference) or to meet in person.